Achira News Logo
Achira News

US-Iran Ceasefire Agreement Expires Amid Ongoing Conflict

DNA Hindi•
US-Iran Ceasefire Agreement Expires Amid Ongoing Conflict
Full News
Share:

The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the US and Iran two months ago on a ceasefire expires on Monday (August 17, 2026). The war has claimed thousands of lives for more than three months, and the closure of the Strait of Hormuz has affected energy supplies. The MoU called for a final agreement to immediately and permanently cease military action. Now 60 days have passed, and Iranian Foreign Minister Seyyed Abbas Araghchi says Iran has not yet taken a decision on resuming talks with the US. According to the Iranian news agency IRIB, Abbas Araghchi said that so far only talks have been held through mediators, no talks of Iran with the US have been held directly. Araghchi said that the US has already violated the MoU by launching attacks on Iran. The Iranian foreign minister said that talks are currently underway to build a new route to the Strait of Hormuz, which he said is safe.

Disclaimer: This content has not been generated, created or edited by Achira News.
Publisher: DNA Hindi

Want to join the conversation?

Download our mobile app to comment, share your thoughts, and interact with other readers.